Learn to move your spine
Move your spine in life, at work, as you age
Based in The Marwood Room, in St. Luke's Church on The Avenue in Kew, Richmond. Movement class is a 45 minute lesson on how to move your spine; how to move your arms around your spine, and how to coordinate movements using your spine, arms and legs.
Your spine is central to your posture, hobbies, work and life. It allows you to age well, and continue moving like we used to, or like Mick Jagger does today ;-). It is about movement education; to explore, be curious, to get it wrong sometimes, and rediscover what your body can do. Have you asked yourself lately, what your body can do?
The session will begin with a general warm up, a 6 week cycle focused on a theme, such as spinal movements, and time at the end of each session for questions.
Themes and skills:
- spinal movements
- mobility in standing & sitting
- different ways of getting on the floor and up again
- movement strength
What you will get out of it
- you will learn to move your spine
- you will learn to vary your movements
- you will learn the connection between your spine, shoulders, hips and knees
- Every Thursday at 12:30pm until 1:15pm
- Kew, Richmond
Who is this for?
- Desk workers, for anyone who works on a computer daily
- Anyone with a spine and wants to learn to use it, and trust it
- For anyone interested in movement
- Anyone with a history or neck or back pain
- Booking is via our sister company Roll Your Shoulders
- Follow the link to book
All levels are welcome. Email me if you are unsure and want more information.